Our application process is open for the 2015 race team! If you are interested in getting to know other women who love to ride / race their bikes, have a great sense of humor (or enjoy people who do), feel good about giving back to the community that you live in – let us know – you’re welcome to meet up with us on or off the bike! We are accepting applications for racers from now until October 1, 2015 for the 2016 season (this does not include 2015 cyclocross). If you still would like to try to join for the 2015 season because we do have women on injured reserve occasionally, we may be able to accommodate you. If you wish to join the club team AT ANY TIME, do so here!
Our team is an all-women’s cycling team based in Colorado. In addition to being great ambassadors to cycling, we are also involved in the community. All race team members are expected to volunteer for Ride for Reading (our nonprofit philanthropy) and our team race. Before you apply, please understand that any race reimbursements are tied to the volunteer hours, race responsibilities, as well as your racing schedule. Please see our Race Team Responsibilities. Our race team is about giving back, mentoring new riders, camaraderie and growing the sport from the ground up. If you only want to race your bike and get free gear, this IS NOT the team for you.
If you want to apply to our 2016 Race Team, all new applicants are required to complete a team application. We’ll notify by October 1st for all applicants.
See below for the requirements and category designations. These are subject to change for 2016.
Cat 4 Road/Cyclocross minimum race commitment:
8 Total. 4 Road Races, 4 can be other types of bike races.
Cat 3 Road/Cyclocross/Masters minimum race commitment:
10 Total. 5 Road Races, 5 can be other types of bike races.
Cat 1/2 Road/Cyclocross minimum race commitment:
12 Total. 6 Road Races, 6 can be other types of bike races.
Mountain Bike Team minimum race commitment:
6 total mountain bike races
- TT Series: Every 2 starts in a TT series will count as 1 race start.
- MTB Series: Every 3 starts in a MTB series will count as 1 race start.
- Stage Race: Each race start will count as 1 race start (stage race and criterium = 2 races).
- Training races do not count as a race start.
- Races will only count if you finish and have a result.
- Races will only count if you provide a receipt!
- Other qualifying races: track, cyclocross, mountain bike, gran fondos, enduros. Sorry, triathlons do not count as a bike race. But we welcome triathletes to try bike racing!