Sometimes it is just as fun to not race, though we had plenty of opportunities with the Maverick Stage Race and Rumble at 18 Road MTB race. Camp was the great kick-off to the season and a reminder that being a team can still be fun even without racing.
Team camp top 10:
- Wind sucks but it is better to ride in a team, especially behind Katie
- Criteriums are more fun when you are watching from the beer garden
- Wardrobe malfunctions do not happen just in superbowls
- Costco is a wonderful bartender
- Jen is still gluten free after 27 hours (only because we include sleep time)
- “If you can’t ride it, walk the next 5 feet” Cathy (when mtbing at Mary’s Loop). Best advice of the day.
- Nadiya takes the 3rd step in the Grand Junction crit
- Pigs are smarter than dogs
- Surprise rain storm turned to gorgeous day on the tacky trails and road
- MTBing requires just as much commitment as skill
Kerri, Jen, Cathy, Elizabeth, Katie and Amanda