The 2013 season is coming up quickly and Naked Women’s Racing is accepting applications for next year. If you are interested in getting to know other women who love to ride / race their bikes, have a great sense of humor (or enjoy people who do), feel good about giving back to the community that you live in – let us know – we may be the team or club for you! We are currently accepting applications from now until October 2012.
Our team is an all-women’s cycling team based in Denver. In addition to being great ambassadors to cycling, we are also involved in the community. All race team members are expected to volunteer for Ride for Reading (our nonprofit philanthropy) and our team race. Before you apply, please understand that any race reimbursements are tied to the volunteer hours, race responsibilities, as well as your racing schedule. Please see our Race Team Responsibilities for additional questions.
Cat 4 minimum race commitment:
10 Total. 8 Road Races, 2 can be other types of bike races.
Cat 3 minimum race commitment:
12 Total. 10 Road Races, 2 can be other types of bike races.
Cat 1/2 minimum race commitment:
15 Total. 11 Road Races, 4 can be other types of bike races.
- TT Series: Every 2 starts in a TT series will count as 1 race start.
- Stage Race: Each race start will count as 1 race start (stage race and criterium = 2 races).
- Training races do not count as a race start.
- Races will only count if you finish and have a result.
- We would like to focus on the Rocky Mountain Road Cup Competition as these races are more heavily attended.
- Other qualifying races: track, cyclocross, mountain bike. Sorry, triathlons do not count as a bike race. But we welcome triathletes to try bike racing!
- Master’s racing doesn’t count unless it is a CO state championship
We are adding a Naked Women’s Club for the 2013 season for women who would like to be involved in a cohesive cycling group and are maybe considering doing a race or two. Download the Club Responsibilities HERE. Enjoy benefits of the club, such as mentoring and retailer/product discounts, without having to commit to racing. But if you drink the racing KoolAid and decide you want to be a part of the race team mid-season, that’s possible too! Triathletes, Masters Racers, Mountain Bikers, New Racers, Enthusiasts, or the Newbies are welcome to apply! Shoot us an email and we’ll get you started.